Friday, April 24, 2009

Dreams

Last night I had to wake up Spence after hearing him having a bad dream. He was kind of kicking around in bed, and muttering "uh" a lot. I softly told him to join me in my dream where we were having breakfast at Maggie Mae's on the back porch watching dolphins jump in the bay. Spence quickly went back to sleep and seemed calm. This left me to go back to my dream of which I just mentioned.
Now if you are still in the "un awake" mode, like Spence was, it can be pretty easy to slip back into dreamland. But for me, I had to use one of my bookmarked dream starters to get me back to where I wanted to be.
I don't know how else to explain it, but it works for me to use favorite dreams as a starting off point to jump into another dream I want to have. I can't always remember ALL of my favorite dreams, or tell you right now what they are, but I can more easily access them as I'm drifting off to sleep and use them to my advantage.
Has this changed my life into a more fantastic one where wealth and prosperity are at my fingertips? Hell no. I just think it's cool.
Since most of my favorite dreams are more like scattered bits and pieces to my awakened mind, I really try not to bother to remember them fully at that time. That's just a way to let me know that somewhere in my brain, that dream is filed.
So, when I want to sleep, I relax my brain, let the flurry of worry run out, and then tap into a part of a favorite dream that can get things moving. I'm not looking to access a specific dream, just one that comes to mind out of my mental favorites. I don't try to recreate the full dream, I add to it and work myself over to a dream I wish to dream for that night.
So far, that works out pretty well. I do get a nicer night's sleep, and feel more relaxed the next day.
I'll keep tabs on this process, and blog about it some more later.

No comments: