Friday, June 5, 2009

Stuff that Makes Me Laugh



Free Grill and Grilling Tips
As every Southerner knows, its time to get ready for that all-important cooking technique of the south...outdoor grilling!

I have just found out there are several stores (not just in the South) where you can get a FREE Bar-B-Q grill! You can get a free BBQ grill from any of the following stores:

A&P
Albertsons
Bi-Lo
Costco
Food Lion
Fry's
Giant Eagle
Heinens
Home Depot
Ingles
Big Lots
Bloom
Brookshire's
Lowes
Publix
Save-a-Lot
Sam's Club
Target
Vons
Trader Joe's
Wal-Mart
Winn-Dixie

I especially like the higher rack...which can be used for keeping things warm!

Just make sure to get a metal one... the plastic ones don't do so well.

Ya'll enjoy now!









Our local newspaper is often the source of wicked humor, if you happen to include reading the comments section of the articles online. One columnist, who shall remain nameless, is often a source of online criticism from the peanut gallery. I must include myself in this mixed bag of virtual nuts.


Now, I don't go after the poor man every chance I get. I leave that to the daily posters who vie for the honor of First Poster of The Day. They often say what needs to be said, and I may add something now and again to fill in the gaps.


It seems Mr. Local Newspaper Column Guy took offense at today's online responses to his "well crafted" column. We were not sympathetic to his cause.

In a nutshell, here are the basics to this recent column:


Lady with two kids runs out of gas on freeway. She made a few phone calls for help. In one call, she asked her relative to phone police. Passerby appears, offers to stay until help arrives. State Highway Patrol arrives, does not offer to help and leaves citing she is a low priority. Women gets angry. Local police arrive, as does a relative with gasoline. She receives help from local police and relative. All ends well.


Now, to me, this is a nice gesture on behalf of the local police department, but it is hardly newsworthy. So I can see why the online crowd made snide remarks. And in return, Mr. Local Columnist has a hissy fit and writes HIS snide retort.


Ahhh, small town drama. Don't ya just love it?











No comments: