Monday, May 17, 2010

The Passing Of my Dad

  On April 24, just after midnight, my Dad died in peace.  He had been hospitalized for almost two weeks, when his poor heart finally gave out.  Dad had emotionally died the very day J passed away 2007, then his body followed.  He was so unhappy and gave up living after that.

  I miss my Dad dearly, and gave him the respectful funeral he deserved.  I must say, it was very nice.  Even the chicken dinner after the funeral went well.

  Now, I'm soon to be named executrix.  That's all I shall say.  I will not use this blog to recant all the details, but let me tell you this; death brings out the worst in some people.

  So far, in the ocean of paperwork and emotion, my MS is behaving itself, except for times when I become overly stressed.  I have caught each exacerbated symptom early enough and rested quickly enough to allow my body to recover.  This has only happened twice in the past six weeks, but I don't want to allow this stress to make me totally incapacitated physically.

  My prescribed medications are working well, and help to keep my emotions in check.  I've had a few outbursts, due to being provoked and bullied.  I have also recovered from these episodes quickly in a matter of minutes.

  Each day, I march along, tackling hurdles as they come my way as I try to find time to grieve.  This is not easy.  But there is hope.  I have love in my heart large enough to overcome whatever hateful words, or actions that may come my way.  I am doing what is right, and what was asked of me.  I am fair.  I am not a doormat.  I will be assertitive, and curb the tenency to travel to the aggressive side.  If I appear stern, it it because I must assert myself  to do what is right by the estate.  My personal feelings are not important, the best interests of the estate are.

  Time marches on, the world continues to spin, people hurt, and we are not the only ones grieving.  

No comments: