Ahhh finally a night out with a friend! SS and I enoyed one of my favorite artists, Leon Redbone, who was playing at at the Kent Stage this evening. The show was like an inner tube trip down a lazy river on a hot summer's day. I love his easy going nature, dry humor, his nimble fingers on the guitar, and of course, that trademark voice.
I can't recall each and every tune that was played, but I do remember that Polly Wolly Doodle and Harvest Moon were crowd favorites. I had only seen Leon once before with my brother well over a dozen years ago or more in Cleveland at some bar on the East bank of the flats. That show held the same intimate feeling as this evening's event. This was SS's first time seeing him, and I dare say, I think she enjoyed him well.
Prior to the concert, we stopped in at a few stores in downtown Kent. Mostly SS was looking for a place to showcase some of her stained glass bees and other glass artwork. At the first store, I bought some gourmet chocolates and two glass pendant necklaces for the bargain price of $4.99 each. The total bill was under twenty dollars, so I was content with my purchase.
Having some more time before the concert, we crossed the street and ventured into a store along Acorn Alley. After a few minutes inside, I realized I had seen the shop owner before. It was Zalla, with whom I had spoken years ago at a mall where she had a kiosk for the Christmas holiday. Small world! And it seems Zalla may allow SS to sell some bees in her shop! I wish SS and Zalla the best in this venture.
We didn't stay in Kent long after the show. In fact we only stopped for coffee at McDonald's. Not the most exciting ending to a lovely night, but it was just right. And, it was what I needed!
1 comment:
Yes ,it was a fun night. I enjoyed Leon. He was an old coot hoot. The piano dude with him was amazing too. Both of them just rambling on...
It was a damn cold night for wandering about but we did. I had a lovely girls night out!
Post a Comment