Call me a cranky pants, but I have a few pet peeves. One of them is the Go Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness bullshit and the other is pregnant women and their pregnancies.
I am not a fan of babies. Those who know me should know this. I have never been attracted to babies or wanted more. I find babysitting to be torturous.
Some women treat pregnancy like it's something special. It's not. Procreation is something humans have done for ages. Baby showers, gift registries, proudly announcing a pregnancy on Facebook says to me that you are desperate for attention. I only hold sympathy for those women who have tried for years to get pregnant and finally succeed. Good for them! The others, I don't care much about. I see too many women use their pregnancies to garner sympathy.
So. if you announce to me that you are suddenly pregnant, don't expect me to drop my iPad, offer congratulations, and run out to buy you a gift. I won't do it. It's not my damned pregnancy. You put yourself in this position, not me.
No comments:
Post a Comment