Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Can't Save Everyone

  For those who don't know, I like to chat.  I love chat rooms with lots of interaction.  I found one that I had been visiting for a few years now. It's a chat room for a local news station.  I had "met" some really fun and interesting people there.  I have even befriended some on my Facebook page.
  In the past month, I tried to befriend and help someone who I was beginning to feel sorry for.  She seemed to have problems with men and was abused.  The thing is, she lives for this drama.  She has tried to drag anyone who will listen into the depths of her own misery.  I almost fell for it.
  Today, I had enough and had to tell her I cannot be that kind of friend to her.  She seems to relish being the center of attention and loves to play the victim.  I am not her personal pity party.  I am not going to tolerate someone who refuses to help herself out of her own misery.
  So with a lot of trepidation, I unfriended her from my Facebook page and blocked her.  I had to do this for my own personal happiness.  I like my life, and don't need her emotional baggage.
  I wish you well "Miranda", but I cannot be your personal savior.  May you find true happiness and most of all, peace.

No comments: